1. Apply real mayonnaise to soften the remaining gum.
2. Use a solution of ¼ cup white vinegar per quart of water for furniture stain removal.
3. Follow with a high-quality wax for wood furniture.
Glue and Adhesive
1. For furniture stain removal, freeze the glue with an ice cube placed in a zip-lock bag.
2. Scrape off what you can with a plastic scraper.
3. Apply a small amount of smooth peanut butter, wait 5 minutes, and gently blot. The oil from peanut butter should dissolve any remaining glue.
1. For furniture stain removal, use 3% hydrogen peroxide, but go easy because it can bleach the wood.
2. Apply, wait 5 to 10 minutes, and blot with ¼ cup white vinegar per quart of water.
3. If the wood bleaches, use the meat of a walnut or pecan to restore the color.
4. Treat with wood conditioner.
1. For furniture stain removal, squeeze enough juice from a fresh lemon to thoroughly saturate the spot. Do not allow it to set for long or it will warp the wood. Blot.
2. If that begins to dissolve the rust, wait 24 to 48 hours for the wood to dry and repeat.
3. If the rust is stubborn, boil linseed oil, lightly apply to the wood, wait 5 to 10 minutes, and blot.
4. The wood may need to be sanded with a 0000 steel-wool pad.
5. Apply a wood conditioner or refinish if needed.